Friday, September 2, 2011

My First Blog Post!!!

Hello and welcome to my Blog! I have been thinking about creating a blog for quite some time now and I've finally done it! Having a blog appealed to me as a place for me to write about the happenings in our family and also where I can share my thoughts and views on things. Sometimes it's hard to fit everything I have to say in a single Facebook post. Lol!

Today for lunch I tried a new recipe for spanish rice and it turned out pretty good. Lexi ate it with much gusto and was clapping her hands between each bite. :)

Easy Mexican Rice (Spanish Rice)
Ingredients:
  • 2 tablespoons oil
  • 1/4 of a medium onion
  • 1 1/2 cups rice
  • 3 cloves finely chopped garlic
  • 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
  • 1 cup plain tomato sauce
  • 4 heaping tablespoons of finely chopped parsley or 4 teaspoons dried parsley
Preparation:
In a medium sauce pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add in the fresh onion. Saute for 1-2 minutes until softened. Add dry rice and cook with the onions for about 5 minutes or until rice becomes a golden brown color. Add in the garlic to the rice and saute for one more minute.Add in broth and tomato sauce (add slowly into the rice, not directly onto hot pan!) And then add in the parsley if you're using it. Stir it up and bring to a boil. Once it starts boiling, turn the heat to low and cover. Let it simmer for 20 minutes and fluff with a fork.




Years ago me and my sister, Ruth went to Monterrey, Mexico and stayed at this awesome hotel where they served some amazing spanish rice. Every grain was an individual and it didn't just stick together. I ate it for lunch and dinner every day for a week and I would've eaten it for breakfast had they served it! I have been looking for a recipe to recreate it. The above recipe isn't it, but's it's still good!  So..... I'm still looking for the perfect recipe. :)

Well, this is going to be all for today. I'm excited about my blog and hope people will enjoy reading it! Here's a shoutout to my sister, Dorcas who is already following my blog even though there is nothing to follow until now. You're the best, Dorcas and I hope my blog won't be too offensive to your lofty (but awesome!) blog standards! Lol! ;)

See-ya! I will be back!

4 comments:

  1. That looks good! It looks a little bit like one I like to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your rice was awesome, sister!!! And your blog is too (even if it doesn't reach my standards). ;) Hope your blog goes amazing! It's great already so it can only get better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Welcome to the blog world. Now we can be bloggy friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ya'll! Laura, your blog is one of the things that inspired me to create my own. I always enjoy reading yours! And Dorcas, since Rosemary said that is the closest thing to a compliment I'm ever going to get from you, I want to thank you for your kind comment. Lol!

    ReplyDelete